Campaign Blogs (sites added by request only)

Jane's Writing. Again. And Again. And Again.

I'm Working on the Friend Thing--Facebook

See More Jane Here

Paudaux's Greeleyville Headline Animator

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Healthcare: Democratic Senator Mark Udall's Letter to Jane

This letter from Mark Udall, Colorado Senator (D), arrived in Jane's email box this morning. I have taken the liberty to pull out the subtext, otherwise known as Cow Pucky (D), in Senator Udall's letter and paste it following the Senator's original letter below to share with my readers.

As for the idea that Senator Udall is doing his job, I have to wonder whose interests he is truly acting in. Certainly not mine and not in the interests of anyone I personally know. But then again I am not a member of the millionaire club, the soon to be millionaire club, or any Stepford Country Club. So I would certainly question that Senator Udall is doing anything but underscoring the public notion that the Senate is no longer in the hands of the middle-class but is firmly planted under the silk red sheets of the insurance and health care industry. (I've checked campaign funding and he looks more embedded into the mining and industrial interests than health care--at least on paper at this point. Although these "constituents" are no doubt some of the wealthiest and most powerful elite in Colorado.)

from do_not_reply@markudall.senate.gov
to JanePaudaux@gmail.com
date Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:27 AM
subject Reply from U.S. Senator Mark Udall
mailed-by markudall.senate.gov


July 29, 2009


Dear Jane,

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding health care reform. I appreciate your taking the time to express your specific views on this important topic facing our nation.

As you know, many proposals have been put on the table for reforming our health care system to make it work for all Americans. I recognize there are many, often competing, philosophies and ideas on the best way to move forward. As your Senator, it is my job to listen closely to the various stakeholders involved in this process as well as actively seek out input from across the state to help inform my understanding of what is best for Colorado. One thing I firmly believe, however, is that the status quo is unacceptable and unsustainable.

While we move forward in this debate, there are a number of key requirements which will guide my consideration. Any health reform must: 1) allow people who like the coverage they currently have to keep it; 2) bring costs down so that all Coloradans are able to cover their families while staying within their means; 3) preserve the critical doctor-patient relationship, ensuring that decisions about treatment are made by those who know the patient the best; 4) call for insurers to provide coverage regardless of pre-existing conditions or medical history; and 5) be fiscally responsible. By ensuring that these pieces are part of reform, we can provide the stability in health care that is currently lacking for hard working Coloradans - stable costs, stable coverage, and stable quality. As Congress continues looking for the best ways to meet our nation's health care challenges, please know that I will always keep the best interests of Coloradans in mind. Along the way, I will certainly remember your particular thoughts and concerns.

I will continue to listen closely to what you and other Coloradans have to say about matters before Congress, the concerns of our communities, and the issues facing Colorado and the nation. My job is not about merely supporting or opposing legislation; it is also about bridging the divide that has paralyzed our nation's politics. For more information about my positions and to learn how my office can assist you, please visit my website at www.markudall.senate.gov.


Warm Regards,

Signature

Mark Udall
United States Senator, Colorado

MEU/jpw


_______________________________________________

Jane's Parody of Senator Udall's Post

Dear Jane,

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding health care reform. I have tried diligently to avoid reading the views of the have-nots but obviously did not succeed where your letter is concerned. It has taken me a number of days to get back to you as I have been meeting with insurance and health executives contemplating any potential increases to my political war chest. Although I certainly want you to know how much I appreciate your taking the time from your humble existence to express your specific views on the reformation of the insurance companies and the elitist health care industry which faces our nation today--regardless if I am going to pay any attention to your lower class plea for equality.

As you know, many proposals have been put on the table by our friends, the insurance executives, for promoting the least amount of change to our health care system in order to make it work out most profitably for the elite interests in this country. I recognize there are many, slight variations, on philosophies and ideas for the best way to ensure that the insurance companies will remain in absolute power while killing any nonsense about having to respect the lower classes in this country as other civilized and industrialized nations do across the world. As your Senator, it is my job to pay lip service to listening closely to the various stakeholders involved in this process while seeking out active means to promote my own future well-being and the self-interests of other, wealthier, citizens than yourself. This process has helped significantly affirm my own elitist bias on what is best for wealthy Coloradoans and our friends the insurance and health executives of America. One thing I firmly believe, however, is that the status-quo must be cloaked with some minor changes, like nonprofit cooperatives for the masses, because, well, there was the French Revolution a long time ago, and the natives are getting more savvy and restless. This pathway to equality for masses is simply unacceptable and unsustainable for the elite in America today.

While we move forward in this nondebate, looking for the best way to ensure, my reelection, by the wealthiest and the most powerful in America, there are a number of key requirements which will guide my consideration. Any health reform must: 1) allow the elite and wealthy not to suffer at the expense of those of lesser means; 2) bring costs down so we can tell all the sheep out in La-La-Lollipop land the Senate has succeeded in finally creating a government-sanctioned second class citizenship for the masses--the first time since 1776; and 3) push the notion that well-meaning insurance executives in-lieu of health professionals should remain in the position of deciding which people get care, what level of care they get, and just how much profit they will make off of each patient, doctor, and care facility; 4) call for insurers to provide coverage regardless of pre-existing conditions or medical history as long as the patient or business has enough money to pay the skyrocketing premium--allowing the truly needy to continue expressing their democratic right to die under the nation's bridges; and 5) be prepared to sacrifice the lower classes to the God of Misleading-Fiscal-Projections so my buddies in the Senate can cover their arses when we are caught in bed with the insurance and health executives on the morning after.

I will continue to pretend to listen closely to what you and other Coloradans have to say about matters before Congress, the concerns of our communities, and the issues facing Colorado and the nation. My job is not about merely supporting legislation in the interest of those willing to donate to my election; it is also about ensuring the end to the divide that is threatening to paralyze the accumulation of wealth by the most powerful in our nation's politic. For more information about my positions and to learn how my office can refuse assist you, please visit my website at www.markudall.senate.gov.


Warm Spit,

Comments :

0 comments to “Healthcare: Democratic Senator Mark Udall's Letter to Jane”

Post a Comment

Welcome to Jane Paudaux's Greeleyville blog. Post your comment below. Be respectful and courteous please. I have turned on word verification to block the spammers. If this doesn't work I will have to turn comments off. Thank you for understanding.

I'm Working on the Being Social Thing


 

Copyright © 2010 by GREELEYVILLE by Jane Paudaux